12.16.2012

Silence and Support for Sandy Hook




To all my Blogger friends and anyone else who wants to help:

Friday was a very sad day for so many.  Tragedy was brought into an elementary school.  Young children had their innocence stolen away from them.  Precious lives were lost.  Heroes emerged during these very troubling times.  As an indirect victim of a school shooting at my high school in 1999, these events hit too close to home.  

Neely, Michelle and Meg came up with this wonderful idea as a way to show support for the Sandy Hook community. 




On Tuesday, December 18th, there will be a blogger day of silence. We will post the button and that’s it. Please try to not post anything else that day if possible.
We are also raising money that will go to an organization in the memory of this tragedy. The organization is called The Newtown Family Youth and Family Services.
Here is the official description of the support service we are donating to:
“Newtown Youth and Family Services, Inc. is a licensed, non-profit, mental health clinic
and youth services bureau dedicated to helping children and families achieve their
highest potential. NYFS provides programs, services, activities, counseling, support
groups and education throughout the Greater Newtown area.

ANY DONATIONS MADE TO NEWTOWN YOUTH AND FAMILY SERVICES WILL BE DONATED DIRECTLY TO THOSE EFFECTED BY THE SANDY HOOK ELEMENTARY SCHOOL SHOOTING.”

Please visit THIS PAGE to make your donation.

We can’t imagine how they must be feeling, especially this close to the holidays. We would love for you to spread the word on your own blog, Facebook, Twitter, etc. Let’s make a difference and use blogging in a positive way.
Thank you in advance for participating.
Love,
The Blog World

I appreciate these wonderful ladies taking the time to organize this.  I hope all of you will also participate.

p.s. If you would like to, copy-paste and repost any part of this, please do. Share on.


xoxo,
Lyndsey

3 comments:

Vett Vandiver said...

beautiful post. God bless their souls

Larissa @ Living in Color | A Lifestyle Blog said...

Hello! I just came across your blog, and I love it! The massacre at Sandy Elementary has saddened me and made my heart heavy… As a teacher, I cannot even fathom something like that happening to my kids. I love that you're showing support through your blog! Anyway- I’ve decided to follow you! If you get a minute, I’d love to know what you think of my latest outfit post! While you’re visiting, follow along so we can keep in touch! :)
xo, elle from Living in Color.

Ashley said...

I will definitely be participating in this. Thanks for posting it.