12.12.2012

12/12/12: 12 Favorites for Random Wednesday



I just wanted to start this off by saying that this has been one of the longest weeks ever, and it's only Wednesday...I'm sorry for my lack of social media interaction for the last few days, as my little family was fighting the Battle of the 'Bug,' as Chandler called it.  We have all started feeling better, thank goodness.  

During my time being cooped up, I managed to find plenty of things that I've fallen in love with.  Here are 12 of my favorites to celebrate 12/12/12.  As usual, I'm linking up with Shanna for Random Wednesday!





1.  Did any of you catch Amanda Seyfried's red carpet look for the 'Les Miserables' premiere which was held at the Ziegfeld Theatre in New York City?  Well, I have to say, that she looked amazing!  She wore her gold embellished Alexander McQueen gown with a chic braided bun and dramatic cat-eye makeup.  The tortoise shell belt my favorite!  Her minimal jewelry let the dress stand out on it's own.  I'm totally obsessed with this entire look.




2.  I'm a television junkie.  I will be the first to admit that I have a problem.  What most don't understand, especially my husband, is that I love watching for the little details.  Annalynne McCord's character Naomi Miller-Clark on '90210,' never fails to bring it.  This week's episode 'The Things We Do For Love,' featured the usual drama.  The surprising touch that I noticed, was Naomi's stunning black wicker satchel with leather handles.  I guess when you're in Los Angeles in December, you can get away with what would normally be a summer staple.  This purse is to die for, but what is really killing me, is that I was unable to locate who actually made it!  Here are some shots from the episode.  See for yourself!




3.  My latest beauty purchase came from Sephora.  I got the awesome Blockbuster Palette and couldn't be more excited to try out some new make up looks!  For just $49 you get:

- 64 x waterproof eye shadow 
- 12 x longwear cream eyeliner 
- 6 x eye top coat 
- 6 x lip top coat 
- 48 x lip gloss 
- 3 x blush 
- 6 x multi-purpose cream for eye, cheek, and lip 
- 3 x multi-purpose luminizer 
- 3 x makeup brush 
- Mirror

4.  I'm also loving this awesome Lip/Cheek stain from theBalm cosmetics called 'Stainiac.'  I have been using it in 'Beauty Queen,' and will definitely be making some repeat purchases!


5. Everywhere you go these days, it seems you're hearing about BB Creams!  This one is great for this, that one for that...I've tried a few drug store versions and a few Department store versions, and I must say, my favorite pick has to be Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm.  It provided great coverage and wasn't as heavy as some of the others I tried.  My skin felt light and wasn't left with the greasiness that can sometimes come with BB creams.



6.  I hate having chapped lips.  I hate it worse than the weird dryness that seems to overtake my skin once the temperature drops.  I am so glad I discovered Mox Botanicals Lip Butter.  I love the Pomegranate and Fig flavor!  





7.  These white and gold polka dot Target Xhilaration Pajama's made my whole week!!!  They are so cute and comfortable!





8.  One trend I love for Winter is the Sequin Sweater.  I found this great version at Nordstrom.





9.  One of my favorite Etsy shops is Blue Bird Bride.  The selection is great, and I want one of everything!  My favorite necklace is the Crystal Drop.  It is absolutely gorgeous and very versatile.  You could go from the office to your holiday party without missing a beat.  It's definitely the right way to make a statement!






10.  I mentioned earlier that I love my shows.  Gossip Girl's series finale next week is going to be bittersweet.  I've watched and read the series since the beginning and hate to watch all of the UES shenanigans come to an end.  What will happen to Blair and Chuck?  Does anyone still care about Serena and Dan?  We'll see how it all works out next week!





11.  These shoes just speak for themselves!  The Salena Platform is black and jade faux suede and needs to be mine!






12.  Who can't get through the cold without a great fancy sweatshirt?
There are so many versions that also come with a fancy pricetag, but this cute pick from Forever 21 isn't too hard on your closet or your wallet!





Thanks for reading, and I hope you found a few things to love!

xoxo,
Lyndsey


4 comments:

Penniless Socialite said...

That box of Sephora makeup looks amazing. I've tried out so many drug store BB creams, but I think I just have to splurge and try out the Dr. Jart because you aren't the first person I've heard rave about it.
Tara
Penniless Socialite

Because Shanna Said So said...

score on the make up palette! I think you are set for the next 12 months!!! Glad you got the PJs!!! Aren't they the best!!! My most faves to wear! Thanks for linking up!!!

Amy said...

LOVE Amandas hair and dress and her haha
http://coffeebeansandbobbypins.blogspot.com/

Ashley said...

I totally stopped watching Gossip Girl during the whole Hillary Duff season...I just couldn't handle it. How did it end?? I'm super curious now!!