12.03.2012

Dare to DIY Handmade: Yarn and Felt Flower Wreath








I love making gifts for the people that I care about!  This Monday link-up is all about sharing some of our best Handmade gifts!  Being inspired to try new things is such a great feeling.  There is nothing stopping you from trying something new other than yourself.  I've been successful with projects and I've failed miserably at projects, but I at least I can say that I tried!  

This wreath was made with yarn wrapped around a foam wreath form.  I made the mums and rosettes out of felt.  They are very addictive once you figure out what you're doing.  The best part, is that no two flowers turn out the same.  You can play around with sizes, colors, etc.  I will definitely be making more of these for some special people!




Please excuse the placement of this wreath!  I haven't decided where she is going to end up yet!



I’m sharing this at the Dare to DIY party hosted by Decor and the DogMaybe MatildaNewly Woodwards, and Two Twenty One!

This was such a fun way to connect with other wonderful bloggers and see what everyone is working on!  I encourage you all to check out some of the awesome projects!  I definitely have some good inspirations to work with now!

xoxo,

Lyndsey


6 comments:

Rachel // Maybe Matilda said...

Wow, Lyndsey, what a beautiful wreath! All the flowers are beautiful, and they add such fun variety and texture to the wreath. It looks stunning! You did an awesome job. Thanks so much for joining in the link up!

Blue Dog Belle said...

OBSESSED! This is awesome girly!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I adore the flowers - they are so unique and different than others I've seen. What a great gift idea! Thanks so much for linking up to Dare to DIY!

Julie said...

Great wreath! I've ben admiring the yarn wreaths for a while but always wonder how much yarn do you have to go through and how long did it take you to wrap the wreath?

Julie
http://foodlaughterandhappilyeverafter.blogspot.com

michelle@decorandthedog said...

Ooo, love the colors! This could totally go under my tree! ;) Thanks for joining the Dare to DIY!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful wreath!!!

T'onna
Submarine Sunday Link Party